Sunday, July 23, 2006

 

It's That Time Again


Training camp is here! Now I don't throw the exclamation point out there for just anything so you know I'm excited. The entire Philadelphia Eagles squad takes to the practice field for the first time on Monday at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA. Wherever that is. For some, it's a tryout. For others, it's preparation for what promises to be an interesting Eagles season.

Why is training camp exciting you ask? After a miserable Sixers season followed by the ongoing 'will they or won't they' trade Iverson saga and another disappointing early exit from the Flyers, football is the only savior. But I truly believe the underlying goal of Eagles training camp is to distract us Philly sports fans from watching another Phillies season go down the drain. Now I can deal with a losing Phils season because I expect it. I prepare myself for it every year. But the Eagles? No. It hurts when they lose. It hurt alot last year. And my body can't take things like this ultimate "what the f is he doing moment from last season" anymore.

Lots of questions going into this season:

This year's camp figures to be less of a circus than last year's. The reason: No TO of course. But even though he isn't here in the flesh, TO continues to dominate reporters' questions posed to McNabb and Reid. And with TO's recently released autobiography, T.O., came the inevitable stupid question from a reporter asking McNabb when his book was coming out. To which Donnie responded "Real soon. It'll be a children's book, right next to his." So the war of words continue. Unfortunately, it's not going to stop for a while.

So as for the season, maybe I'm kidding myself when I say I'm semi-optimistic about the Birds' chances. It's a little too early to tell. But I can say that I am really looking foward to the renewed rivalry between Philly and Dallas. Who knows? Dallas and TO could blow the Eagles out of the water. Or maybe last season was a fluke for Philly and Donovan. Would I wish death upon TO? Probably but his Web site, http://www.terrellowens.com/ is terrific. So maybe I'll just pray he gets seriously injured.


Comments:
I have to say i just googled Jeremy Bloom, and damnit, he is a hunk. I mean that in the most homosexual way too of course. It dosen't, however, make me gay
 
uh, yes, it does.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?