Monday, July 24, 2006

 

That's Funny

I want to preface this post by saying this is the absolute hardest thing I've ever done. I've attempted it many times and instead wound up ripping my eyes out. If there were a test that people had to take to become wizards, it wouldn't be as difficult as what I just went through. Ladies and gentlemen, I have ranked the top 10 all-time funniest movies.

What finally pushed me over the edge to do this was Bravo's airing of its list of the 100 all-time funniest movies Friday night. I actually watched most all of the 27 hour long (it seemed that long) show as I was lying in bed with a 103 degree temperature. Great night let me tell you. Bravo's list, shady to say the least. And I don't use the word "shady" very often. But notice Shrek coming in at number 3. Are you freakin kidding me? I must put a stop to this.

Without further a due, the REAL top 10 funniest movies ever made....
10. Back to School- Dangerfield kills with his one-liners. This is his best movie, not Caddyshack and certainly not Ladybugs
9. Tommy Boy- Farley and Spade make a great combo. Spade by himself? Not so good. Well, Joe Dirt was kinda funny.
8. There's Something About Mary- Athlete cameos always make me laugh. Brett Favre shows up near the end with Stiller butchering the pronounciation of "Favre." Priceless.
7. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective- Another athlete cameo, Dan Marino. The name Ray Finkle alone makes this a classic comedy.
6. Meet the Parents- This movie caught me off guard. Who knew DeNiro was funny? The ultimate awkward situation movie.
5. Airplane- Too many great lines from this one. Auto pilot (pictured above). Another athlete cameo, Kareem Abdul Jabaar.
4. Stripes- Bill Murray's funniest role hands down. Plus John Candy had some great lines.
3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation- Chevy Chase's best stuff. Randy Quaid puts it over the top.
2. Naked Gun- The ultimate athlete cameo: Pre murder trial OJ Simpson. And he's funny. Leslie Neilson keeps you laughing throughout the entire movie.
1. Dumb and Dumber- "So Mary, why you going to the airport? Flying somewhere?" Possibly the single greatest line ever.

Just missed the cut: Major League II, Caddyshack, Wedding Singer, Animal House, Blazing Saddles, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Old School

Ahhh, I feel so much better now. You're probably asking yourself 'why did tone loc stop at the top ten?' The answer is because this drove me nuts, dammit. I could sense that I was slowly turning into Nicholson's character from the Shining during the whole process. If I would only put this much effort into my daily life. I could probably be president, or an astronaut, or even a tow truck driver.




Comments:
No Office Space honorable mention (at least)?
 
I like your style, incognegro. OS is very funny. Especially when he tries to pronounce Samir's last name. Naga...naga...well he's not gonna work here anymore.
 
Now that I've complained, I figure I should at least compliment you on a damn good list.
 
A+ on the list tone. its also impressive that this list began on your death bed. you have inspired me to do a top ten scariest movie list on so unpretty. check it out.
 
Alright, athough the post was long, and I didn't read the whole thing, just the sight of Howard the Duck made me laugh
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?