Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

What have i become?

Before I head out tonight, I need to get something off my conscience.

I gave a kid the finger today.

I know, I know. Disgraceful. I mean she was at least 11 though. Does that make it any better? No? I didn't think so. This was totally out of character, I'm usually a patient guy and in my group of friends I've been labeled the "moral compass", but this kid really had it coming.

To make a long story short, a group of kids were riding their bikes in the street and decided to be as big of pain in the ass as possible while doing it. So everyone just calmy drives around them, including myself. I pull up to the light and look in my rearview mirror and see the group quickly approaching. One kid decides to continue on her bike full speed and cut between my car and the car behind me. Well, while she's making this daredevil-esque move, I hear a loud scrape/thump noise (weird combo huh?) and a slight jerk.

My first thought is "I hope the kid is alright". Oh, the kid is perfectly fine and never fell of the bike. That noise was some part of her bike making solid contact with the backside of my car. I look over and she is riding as fast as possible laughing and fleeing the scene. So I decide I'm going to pull over into the next parking lot and assess the damage. The light turns green, i make a left and guess who's riding towards the same parking lot? That's right. Riding right down the center of the double yellow lines (like an idiot). So... *sigh*... I pulled up right next to her and honked the horn like 10 times. Then I did what any self respecting jerk would do, and gave her the finger. She laughed.

I pulled into the parking lot and got to see the huge scratch on the back of my car. But did I really need to insult the kid like that? Yes I did. And that mindset is why I needed to clear my conscience. At some point over time, I became a jerk.

Comments:
You should have ran the bitch over.
 
The best part of this post is the line "I mean she was at least 11 though." That's all you had to say to make this is a classic.
 
I used to honk and throw the finger at stupid drivers and people like you just explained. Now I'm the person that gets honked at and yelled at...seriously. It's sad. Now I just shrug and move on.
 
incog-don't beat yourself up. giving someone (or some kid) the finger fifty years ago might have been something serious but these days, it has about as much impact on a person as seeing another picture of nicole richie weighing 47 pounds...you see it, its ugly, but you just don't care anymore.

you're a good guy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?