Friday, August 04, 2006

 

I just lost a dear friend


Last night, I lost a friend I've had since 12th grade. My television. It saw me graduate from high school and was with me all 4 (plus) years of college. It was with me through countless games (losses) of Madden on PS2, experienced my movie collection moving from VHS to DVD, got dropped on Broad Street (twice), punched during Eagles games (but always made up in time for the Simpsons) and was there during tons of unforgettable television events.


It was actually depressing having to throw it out last night.

RIP: My TV (2000-2006)

"I close my eyes, only for a moment, then the moment's gone"



Comments:
That clip never gets old. Sorry about your TV. sometimes you just have to let go.
 
That was kinda cold Tone Loc. The man just lost one of the most valuable possessions in life. Show some heart.

My prayers are with you and your family. Godspeed.
 
my condolences. your tv is in a better place now.
 
I love this post. Just yesterday I was being ridiculed because I have had my tv since I was a senior in high school and refuse to get a bigger/better one. Once I even paid $75 to fix it, which is about twice its worth. I like my 13-incher. I like that I lost the remote and no universal will work with it. I like that now I can only play movies on it because I can't figure out how to use a splitter cable. And, most importantly, I like the feeling that it gives me when we spend time together.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?