Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

The King and I


Yesterday I had the privilege of being in the presence of royalty. Upon my return to NJ after work, I was approached by a thirty-something man outside of PATCO's Ferry Ave. station in crime-free Camden.

"I'm the King of Ferry Ave," he proclaimed, as me and dozens of other speedliners left the station. "Help support the King."

Wait a second. Why was the king of an entire PATCO station asking me, a commoner, for money? Then I thought maybe this guy wasn't really a king. He didn't look like your ordinary king, which led me to believe he could have been part of some new generation of kings. He had on a Nirvana t-shirt (king has a good taste in music), jean shorts (which I think stopped being produced in 1997), a backwards hat which may or may not have have had the NASCAR logo on it, and a pair of new balances (a king's gotta have comfortable shoes).

But for some reason I had a good feeling about this guy. He was a king in my eyes. So I pulled out my wallet and supported the King's fund. I gave him all the change I had, 25 cents. Maybe someday the King of Ferry Ave. and I will meet again. And I can only hope that he will remember Tone loc as being a loyal supporter of his glorious kingdom
.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
You gotta give him props for having the balls to yell at people that he is the king. Unless he was doing crack, then giving him money would just be silly.
 
This guy sounds a lot like my buddy when he's had too much to drink.
 
maybe it was jesus undercover...one thing's for sure: you just secured your ticket to heaven for a mere 25 cents.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?