Sunday, August 20, 2006

 

Reminiscing the days growing up

Before I even begin to write what I want to write about, let me say that this John Mark Karr character is a real nut. The guy who recently confessed to the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey is beyond creepy. He weighs about seven pounds, is no doubt a pedophile, and goes by all three names- the tell-tale sign of an absolute wack job- just like Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wilkes Booth and Hilary Rodham Clinton. Today, I read that he had inquired about undergoing a sex-change operation in Bangkok. Oh the irony. Karr is so nuts that many aren't ready to believe that he is really the killer.

I don't know what to believe, but the fact that this infamous murder is ten years old fascinates me. Time truly does fly by and all this got me thinking of some of the things that have occurred in the last ten years, all while this case remained unsolved.

Since '96:
-I've finished 8th grade and graduated both from high school and college, yet I am still just as immature as I was in 8th grade.
-I got my drivers license and have owned three different cars.
-I became old enough to buy cigarettes and beer and have spent lots of money on alcohol.
-I've owned four cell phones- some of you have owned at least 10.
-The Eagles went from okay to awful to "they are so good they will win at least two Super Bowls in the '00's." The Broncos won two, The Pats won three. I'm still waiting for the Birds to win SB number one.
-The Phillies have sucked it up all ten years while the Marlins, a franchise since only '93 I think, have won 2 World Series.
-Britney Spears pulled a total 180 going from sexy schoolgirl to "did I really use to fantasize about this redneck, hillbilly mom?"
-The boy band craze came and went with such classics as NSync, Backstreet Boys, 98 degrees, and my personal favorite LFO. Did they all break up?
-Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Princess Diana, Aaliyah, Reggie White, Ron Reagan, Notorious BIG, George Harrison, Walter Payton, Peter Jennings, Lisa Left Eye Lopez, Chris Penn, John Ritter, Kirby Puckett, Rodney Dangerfield, Old Dirty Bastard, Johnny Carson, Johnny Cash, the Pope, and many other famous peeps have all bounced. Mike Tyson is pretty much dead, too.
-there was Clinton "not having sex with Monica", Columbine, 9/11, GWBush elected twice, Columbia crash on its way back from space, the snipers in Va and DC area, US invading Iraq, Scott Peterson sentenced to death, Katrina wiping out New Orleans and parts of Miss and Louisiana.

Ten years gone by so quickly.

Comments:
you left out one very important event in your little ten year recap---that Philadelphia was named National Geographic's Next Great City. god, man.
 
That whole next great city thing was actually a mean joke played on our office by National geo.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?