Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Does Anyone Still Like the VMA's?

Last night, I had the displeasure of watching some of the MTV Video Music Awards, or as the young kids call it, the VMA's. I'm not sure who won what awards because I really didn't pay any attention to that. The show was pretty awful for the most part. I did come away with a few questions I would have asked some of the celebrities and musicians in attendance had I been there.

-To Panic at the Disco: I've heard that song at least 12,498 times and I still don't know what the words are. Can you help me out? Am I the only one who is out of the loop on the lyrics?
-To JayZ and Nas: are you guys officially "cool" now that we saw you sitting next to eachother tonight? Was there ever a fued to begin with? And Jay, why is your watch bigger than my head?
-To Chamillionaire: dude, you are a rapper. you're supposed to play it cool when you accept an award. Or start a coastal rap war. Why did you act like an excited little schoolboy? Snoop Dogg and Suge Knight need to show you how it's done.
-To the guy from Linkin Park: why were you so happy to win the award for best ringtone?
-To MTV: Why do you give an award for best ringtone? Also, what ever happened to Jesse Camp?
-To Jack Black: How does it feel to get a negative amount of laughs from the audience?
-To Beyonce: Will you marry me?
-To Beyonce: Why not?


Comments:
Yeah it was pretty awful. Britney and K-Fed got booed though, so it wasn't all bad. Jay- Z and Nas seemed forced, Chamillionaire was way too civilized for a musician, AFI (i think it was them) was bragging about getting wasted later like they were 19. Sigh.

I've decided that Sarah Silverman is not funny and the "VMAs" get worse every single year.
 
I Write Sins Not Tragedies

Oh, well imagine; as I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor,
and I can't help but to hear, no I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words.
"What a beautiful wedding!, What a beautiful wedding!" says a bridesmaid to her waiter.
"Ah yes, but what a shame, what a shame, the poor groom's bride is a whore."

I chimed in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.
I chimed in "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of hope.

Well in fact, well I'll look at it this way, I mean technically our marriage is saved
Well this calls for, a toast so, pour the champagne
Oh! Well in fact, well I'll look at it this way, I mean technically our marriage is saved
Well this calls for a toast, so pour the champagne, pour the champagne.

I chimed in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.
I chimed in "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.

Again..

I'd chime in "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?!" No.
It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.
I'd chime in "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.

Again..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?