Sunday, September 17, 2006

 

It's Going To Be an Awful Week

Didn't think I was going to write about the collapse of the century, otherwise known as today's eagles-giants game, but I need to vent because I'm angry. My week is ruined thanks to what occurred at the Linc today.

Game summary: The Birds friggin dominated most of the way, held a 17-point lead in the 4th quarter and blew it. Why? Sure, that lousy, fat, choke artist coach Andy Reid forgot how to run an offense. But it always comes down to the guys on the field and it's really scary how most of the Birds folded late in the game. They stopped playing, most of them.

Now, as for my week. It's going to suck. I have a hard time going about my ordinary routines during the week following an Eagles loss. Things I can't do:
-read the paper
-watch the news
-watch sportscenter in the morning or watch espn when anything nfl-related is on
-watch comcast sportsnet at all
-listen to the radio, especially WIP-this one is weird because WIP was my savior after each of the Eagles NFC championship losses but now I don't really want to be bothered with all the retards who call in
-fall asleep easily
-get out of bed without feeling sick to my stomach and dreading going about my day
-talk to any of my friends who are Giants fans. Seriously, I got all of your voicemails and I'm not returning your calls.
-talk to my dad about the game. Depending on how depressing the loss was, we give it some time. I have a feeling we'll talk this one out on Thursday.

I realize it's only week two but this is the type of loss that can linger for a whole season. Next Sunday, I'm taking a much needed break from the NFL and the Eagles as I have a couple family engagements that will allow me only to peek at the scoreboard every so often. I'm not disappointed, though, because this one today took alot out of me. I also realize that I may be a little nuts but I can guarantee there are plenty others who feel just as awful as I do right now.

On an even sadder note, famous cokehead Whitney Houston last week filed for divorce from famous wifebeater Bobby Brown. America's couple is no more. Sad.


Comments:
For the record, I'm going to make a myspace page this week to fill the void football has left. This is terrible. You see what this loss does?
 
Bobby Brown set the stage for Kevin Federline's current situation. They should drop a joint album just for the unintentional comedy potential it would have.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?