Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

"What is your prediction for this fight?' "Pain."- Clobber Lang


If you don't live in the city of brotherly love, which I am pretty sure anyone who would read this does, than let me be the first to tell you that this is "Philly loves Rocky week". Which Rocky you may be asking yourself? Marciano? Rocky the moose? Rocky from the gym who broke my thumbs two years ago when the eagles didn't cover? Uh, no. Its Rocky Balboa you fucking idiot. Why would someone dedicate a whole week to those other losers? Exactly, they wouldn't.

My question is this though: who cares about rocky Balboa? Maybe I should rephrase that. Who cares about rocky 6? Yea, that’s more like it. No one does not like Rocky. The guy is a forever lovable character from the mean streets of Philadelphia who shares characteristics of all three of the Rocky's mentioned above. Plus he drank raw eggs, chased chickens, wrestled Thunder Lips, trained in the mountains with a championship beard, does not shun white heavyweight boxing contenders with aids, married a nerdy broad, knocked the head off of an alien, and knocked the teeth out of a lion. And the most amazing thing he did was give Adrian an abortion with a fist to her belly. After how that first kid turned out I say way to go Rock.

But this new Rocky is 60 years old and wears a diaper. I don’t know any 60 year olds who can knock the teeth out of a lion. Sorry Rock but I think its time we break up. We've had a good run over the years. Two fights with Apollo creed, Two fights with Mr. T, the death of Mick, Thunder Lips, the Russian he-man/punisher, the real boxer with aids, and you know what? It was great but lets just move on with each others lives... and maybe give me my money back for Rocky 5.

FYI- The Philly loves Rocky week logo is amazing!

Comments:
I hope this movie is incredible. And I hope even more that is a cinematic train wreck. I wanna laugh my ass off from beginning to end.
 
Way to toot your own horn. Clobber lang? I believe it's Clubber Lang fool.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?