Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Vote or don't bitch about things

Election day is tomorrow and I'd like to officially announce that I am endorsing no one. The negative advertising has reached new heights and the Dems and GOP both sound like idiots, as usual. Actually the Dems seem really desperate this year and it shows. I realize Santorum is a scumbag but am I supposed to believe he peed in someone's lobster bisque while waiting tables in 1976? Come on Casey, give PAers a reason to vote for you other than the fact that Ricky is a homophobe who loves war.

New Jersey is apparently a battleground state with Tom Kean (R) and Bob Menedez (D, not one of the brothers who killed their parents in '92) duking it out for the Senate. If I do vote tomorrow, I will probably pick Kean because Menendez was my commencement speaker last year and he was so boring. I mean Nova has Big Bird, Penn has Jodie Foster, and we have some guy I never heard of.

The main reason I can't stand election years is because of the ridiculous recorded phone calls I get from famous people. And the calls become more frequent as we get closer to election day. Recent calls to my house include Bill Clinton (I think I heard Monica in the background), Joe Piscopo (whose only funny SNL character was Frank Sinatra and even Phil Hartman did him better), Kelly Ripa (who always calls because her dad is running again), and Mario Andretti (who said he was reaching out to his Italian American friends). Mario was my favorite. Shouldn't he be calling hicks in the south who actually watch Nascar religiously?

I guess there is some research out there that shows people are swayed by negative ads and celebrity phone calls. I'm not one of them. When I run for office in 2012, I'm going to change the politics of America.

Tone Loc 2012. Because America needs a cool leader.

Comments:
Ed Rendell was at Liberty Place this afternoon, interrupting people's lunches. Great stuff. Well, it would have been if every Philadelphian hadn't already met him like 10 times over the last 12 years.
 
I'd like to see that campaign.
 
Tone Loc. Because he does a mean MacJagger impression.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?