Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 

My last AI post, I swear

It's official. AI is a Nugget. Sad to see him go but it had to be done.

Billy King actually executed a pretty nice
deal where the Sixers received two first round picks in next year's draft in return for the former MVP. They'll be low picks but it will be a deep draft loaded with talent, including the 35-year-old Ohio State freshman Greg Oden. I'm sorry but there is no way this guy is still a teenager. And with three total first round picks, the Sixers have some leverage to perhaps pull off another deal before the draft.

On a side note, I wonder how Sixers consultant Larry Brown, who had his differences with AI, sold the deal to his buddy and current Nuggets coach George Karl. I'd like to hear that conversation.

I leave you with some amazing Iverson
highlights and some fan responses to Bill Simmons' column. See, people do care.

It's been real AI.

Comments:
I knew it would happen one day... but I still wasn't ready for it.
 
who is this a.i. you keep talking about?
 
yet again. trust, i never give a shite about b-ball, but the way you write this stuff man, i actually find it interesting.

good luck AI.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?