Sunday, December 24, 2006

 

Ralphie VS. Griswold



We'll folks, it is the hap, happiest time of the year. Christmas. What makes Christmas the happiest day on the calendar is debatable. Some like to get presents, give presents, break childrens presents to watch them cry or even drink eggnog by the gallon. Not me. Well, maybe the 3rd and 4th but they dont represent the true meaning of Christmas in my eyes. No, for me the true meaning of christmas is the amazing movies that the birth of christ has inspired. Especially the ones where he does not make a cameo.(Jesus can't act for shit!) There are two movies in particular that I am speaking about: "A Christmas story" and "National lampoons christmas vacation".

Even though they are christmas movies I still consider them to be two of my favorite movies. In fact I have to keep myself from watching them throughout the year just so they can feel extra special. It can get tough but a pint of eggnog usually evens me out... and some blow, anyhoo... so which of these christmas miracles is supreme??? It truly is harder to decide between these two movies than to try and decide which one of your children you would save if they both were drowning and you only had time to save one. The only way i can think of is if i take the best moments from each flick, have them do battle, and see who comes out on top. One great scene from one great movie will determine the winner. Its like March madness only in December. And there's no schools but movies. And theres only two. And there wont be nearly as much gambling.

On to the tournament!
Heres how it shall work. When we all come back to work on tuesday I will make a bracket containing 8 moments from each movie. Each round will recieve its own post.

So there will be 2 rounds with 8 movie moments, than 2 rounds with 4 movie moments, 2 rounds with 2 and finally 1 on 1 for the best moment and movie. Sounds easy enough.

I will make up brackets and hand them out so everyone can play along. its gonna be fun. Trust me.

Comments:
It's not the friggin Christmas star...
 
man, you're all talk. no follow up at all. you suck.
 
all talk you say? im'a make up the bracket today at lunch
 
and where is it????
 
You guys are not being as dedicated to your blog as I think you should be. No posts since Christmas Eve??? Get on the ball.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?