Saturday, February 03, 2007

 

Reunion Tours of the summer

In case everyone and there mom hasn't heard already this is going to be the summer of reunion tours. Big reunions too.

All awesome bands. Some haven't played together in almost 30 years, 20+, 20, or just like 5 but either way i want to see them all. All I say! Just look at the lineup and not gasp like you just saw your parents getting busy on the kitchen table. Heres the list from my the band I least care about to most.

Smashing Pumkins. One of the best bands of the 90's no doubt. Tons of hits and a freaky looking bold lead singer. Siamese dream anyone? Mellon collie and the infinite sadness? Uh huh. Thats some good shit there.

Van Halen. I think Van Halen had a reunion tour like a year or two ago but that was with Sammy "I can't drive 55" Hagar. And really who cares about him? This summer they got the original man back, Diamond Dave himself. Bascially if you can think of a big VH hit it was sung by Dave. On a sad note however, they just recently kicked out bass played Michael Anthony, who some of you may know as my little dance move I do to compete with Tone Locs amazing Mick Jagger. Oh well, they have a 15 y/o Wolfgang Van Halen in the band now. Whatever, its the damn bass. Funny story about David Lee Roth: Once he was "blowing" coke in a bedroom with some gusy from Motley Crue. Someone started a fight or something and a mirror fell off the wall and fell, and smashed right on Daves head. He didn't even notice.

Rage against the machine. This one is kinda hard to get excited for in a way because its for one show only but perhaps they will get together to do a big tour and decide to rock my face off here in Philly. I can hope. I personally dont really care for Audioslave, which is rage minus the lead singer but added Chris Cornell of Soundgarden. Now THATS a reunion tour I would go see.

The Police. I'm not really a huge fan in the sense I dont have any CD's or anything but how can you not like them? Its impossible. They got too many good tunes to not wanna see them. I imagine a lot of people who were my age in the 80's when the Police were at their height of popularity are dieing to see them. One of the few bands who went out on top. They broke up when they were at thier peak

And the band I want to see the most is... Led fuckin' Zeppelin.
In all honesty I dont think i have really listened to a Zep CD in years but you know what? I listened to them almost non stop in high school so I sstill know all the lyrics, all the solos, all the drum beats, everything. I think I'm going to have to call them my favorite band.

This is the first time since the greatest drummer ever, John Bonham, died that all 3 remaining members have toured together. And to make it an official Zeppelin reunion they got John's son Jason Bonham to play the drums. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Well, thats my review. Anyone want to go to a concert with me?

Comments:
When & where are the smashing pumpkins playing? I was so disappointed when they broke up. Every album of theirs kept getting better.
 
If I were your English teacher, you would fail. I hear the Zeppelin thing is a fake. What's your story morning glory?
 
They did keep getting better and better. I'm not sure why they did break up but I remember Billy Corgan saying before that he hates the guitar but its the instrument he can get out his feelings with best.

Zeppelin will get back together! And I will be there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?