Friday, March 09, 2007

 

"The Greatest Rapper of All-Time died on March 9th"

That is a debatable statement but there are legions of rap fans that believe it to be true. 10 years ago today, the Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls aka Big aka Frank White aka Big Poppa aka Christopher Wallace was killed in LA at 24 years old.

Biggie's first album, 1994's Ready to Die, will always remain as my number 2 album of all-time. That album contained some of the foulest, most depressing lyrics I have ever heard to this day, along with some of the greatest feel-good songs, and it set the precedent for how to make a rap album after its release.

I don't have time to do anymore than this, but I just wanted to put something up.

RIP - Notorious B.I.G.
^ AOL tribute video

Comments:
Biggie was good. The guy from Ace of Base was better.
 
the world owes a lot to biggie. case in point: the white rapper show on vh-1... thanks a lot.
 
the world owes a lot to biggie. case in point: the white rapper show on vh-1... thanks a lot.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?