Thursday, April 12, 2007

 

Southern Hospitality


I spent my weekend (plus two vacation days) in good ole Nashville, Tennessee surprising my boy for his birthday. (The airport smells like BBQ).

In between the flea market shopping for grills, dodging the ever present country music, and enjoying the ridiculously high 9.35% sales tax (geezus, I would never by anything of value there), me and 45 of my buddy's closest friends had the pleasure of riding a Party Bus aka Crunk on Wheels.

The level of absurdity and potential for debauchery related to this bus is what made the trip appealing in the first place, and it did not disappoint. This Double Decker BYOB on wheels came complete with stripper poles (minus strippers... well, until alcohol kicked in), a DJ (who was a 40 plus year old mother), two huge coolers, a dance floor, and of course a gift shop stocked with ring pops (among other ridiculous products.

I don't know if they have these in Philly (I've never seen one), but I feel like we need to look into it.

By about the third time they played "Throw Some Ds on It" I realized we were on a f*cking BYOB double decker tour bus with a DJ and a dance floor, look out the window, and get flashed by a couple of portly women.

The bus drops the group at a bar, we get thrown out after 30 minutes, hop back on the bus, and continue through downtown Nashville. By the end of the night, alcohol and motion sickness made for a hell of combination which could only be made better by adding Jack in the Box to the mix. End of the night and you'll look like this guy (me).

Side note: apparently you can drink alcohol in a car in Tennessee, as long as you aren't the driver. That's ridiculously dumb.

Students at the graduate programs (Law school and medical school included) at the Harvard of the South, know how to show folks a good time.

And now, enjoy some incredible beer pong:



Comments:
thats some amazing beer pong. i bet they never drink when they play though since they wont miss.

i wouldnt mind waiting around for my plane in an airport that smells like BBQ. you think its made from BBQ?
 
Thanks for the nice post. This is the perfect website for those who have never been to Nashville and bachelorette party. I will present your website ideas with your friends' bridesmaids.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?