Thursday, August 09, 2007

 

I'm freaking out man!

Here is something I posted on my short lived blog spaztown.blogspot.com, which I just looked at for the first time months. Enjoy.

The McGurk effect is the following - your brain knows that to make the letter 'b', you need to close your mouth. So, if you see a video of someone saying "da da da" but super-impose an audio track of someone saying "ba ba ba", your brain will not let you hear the "b" sound. It sounds more like "da" or maybe "tha".... but definately not "ba". But if you close your eyes and listen, it's definitely "ba". Insane!!! I don't know if I can trust my brain ever again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPtc8BVdJk

Comments:
Weird sh*t. The brain has too much power, except whenever I need it to use it's power. Stupid brain.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?