Wednesday, January 16, 2008

 

$41 to savour a single cup of luwak coffee


I know what your thinking, $41 for one cup of coffee? That's outrageous! But apparently it tastes like caramel, chocolate, earthy and musty. I don't even like coffee and I think that sounds delicious... except that it is made from cat poop. I'm not trying to be funny, its literally made from poop from a cats behind. Basically Indonesian civet cats eat coffee beans, that probably cost a couple of cents, then they poop the beans out and wham-o! $41 a cup!

My biggest question is how did someone figure this out? Really, who decides to grind beans that came out of a cats tookus? Well, here is my guess: college kids. It's so obvious. Who else does ridiculous stuff like that? "Dude, lets grind up this cat bean shit and make someone drink it!". "Dude, awesome idea. Now lets high five and play some wii bro!." Yup, just like that folks... just like that.

I'm going to end this post with a question to everyone, how much would you pay for my brand new JC coffee bean blend?

Comments:
No effing way. I heard about this strange brew on"the view" of all places. You'd have to pay me a lot of money to drink it.
 
Actually you'd have to pay a lot to just drink it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?