Friday, January 18, 2008

 

Win one for the gipper


I was reading CNN.com today and found a interesting sports article. It was about "super fans" and what made them super. You can read the whole thing here if you so desire http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/01/18/sports.fans/index.html
but this one is my favorite, and actually number 1 on the list. I clearly have good taste.

Our first story has a fairy-tale middle and a horrible ending.

In August of '77, Bobby Murcer of the Cubs promised to hit a home run for terminally ill fan Scott Crull. That night, Murcer hit two of them. Pretty amazing, especially when you consider Murcer only hit nine homers the whole next season. But that's not why Crull -- a 12-year-old from Calumet City, Illinois -- makes this list.

Broadcasting the game nationally on ABC, Keith Jackson told the country how Murcer had fulfilled the dying boy's last wish. Eyes watered, spines tingled.

There was only one problem -- nobody had ever told the boy he was dying. His parents were horrified. Weeks later, Crull passed away.


Honestly, is that not the worst/best thing you've ever read? I feel bad for the kid but come on!

This story has made me start thinking that I should become a super fan or stalker, which ever one really. I just need to find something I'm passionate about enough to stalk. I'm open to suggestions. Actually, if someone has been looking for a stalker let me know. It'll make things easier for me if I don't have to do any work.

Comments:
LOL, f*cking Keith Jackson ruins another life.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?