Wednesday, February 06, 2008

 

Give them and inch...


I'm generally not the kind of guy who gets bothered by much, in fact I usually just let things roll off my back and say it is no big deal. I've been like that since high school when I for some reason mellowed out. Grade school, not so much... but anyway...

This morning is different for some reason. Something so stupid, so minor is still on my mind from my train ride into work. It's funny too because if it was something major, something everyone would be mad about, I wouldn't even care.

So I'm on the train this morning and for once I actually got a seat. Thats right, no standing for this guy. I'd like to say I got the seat based on my dashing good looks and charmed someone into giving up the seat but, well, if you know me you know thats not true. Just got lucky. Until this broad sits next to me.

Do I care if someone sits next to me on the train? Not unless they stink or, God forbid, want to talk to me. Other then that, feel free to park that thang next to me and enjoy the ride. But this woman did something that I feel is a common courtesy. You have a certain amount of leg room in your seat and she was clearly over the edge. It was like her knee was jumping over the Mexican border into the United States of my lap.

I know its dumb but its so annoying. Whenever I accidentally bump someones leg with mine in this situation my instinct is to move my leg over. Not this subhuman. She kept putting on more pressure.

So finally I turn to her and say, "Hey, twat face, would you mind moving that thunder thigh over a little? It feels like my leg is about to be turned into a diamond from the pressure." She was shocked! Well, she would have been if I did in fact say that but, you know, I'm spineless.

Well that was my rant for the day. It feels good getting that off my chest. I feel better now actually. In fact I don't even care anymore. Consider this officially rolled off my back.

Comments:
You totally should have said that. I feel like fat people purposely sit next to skinny people on the train. Think about it.
 
the moral of the story is: always stand on the train.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?